During the second week we will dive into Python and learn some basic elements of Python programming language. We will also continue learning how to use the Course Environment and version control with Git + GitHub.
- Intro to version control and GitHub
- Basics of using Git
- Classroom for GitHub
- Some basic elements of Python
- Exercise 2: Writing scripts and using GitHub
After this weeks lesson your should be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of version control and why it is useful
- Access your user space in Github.com and know how to use Git from terminal to clone repositories, commit changes, and push changes
- Explain the concept of an index value
Lesson 2.1 - Version control and using Git with GitHub
Dave Whipp & Henrikki Tenkanen, University of Helsinki @ Geo-Python channel on Youtube.