This week we will continue to work with Pandas, a modern and feature rich data analysis framework for Python that is designed to make data analysis and manipulation straightforward and powerful using easy-to-use data structures and operations.
In the second half of the lesson we will focus on debugging. Many new programmers struggle with removing problems in their code (debugging) because they start randomly making changes without a clear picture of what is wrong or even what the code should do! By learning a few basic ideas about debugging and interpreting error messages, we hope to save you time and frustration as your scripts become more complex.
- Data processing with Pandas, Part 2
- Interpreting error messages
- Good coding practices - Using assertions
- Debugging your code
- Exercise 6: Data analysis II
After this weeks lesson your should be able to:
- Analyze data in Python using pandas
- Repeat an analysis workflow for several input files
- Understand common Python errors
- Follow a simple set of guidelines to debug programs efficiently